SWEET POTATO CHILI
The ultimate comfort food to give you all the warm and cozy feels on a cold winter day is this sweet potato chili. It's spicy just enough to warm up those insides! Enjoy it after a long day of playing in the snow or watching the sun go down at your camp site after a long hike into the mountains. It will leave you feeling full, satisfied, and nothing short of pure joy and a smile from ear to ear. I hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as I do. All it needs is some vegan cornbread to go along side it!
sweet potato chili:
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cups chopped yellow onion
4 cups diced sweet potatoes, in 3/4 inch cubes
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 jalapeno pepper, minced
1 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1 can diced tomatoes
3 1/2 cups cooked black beans
1 1/2 cups vegetable broth, plus more as needed
sea salt, to taste
1 large avocado, sliced
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and saute until tender and translucent, about 8 minutes.
2. Add sweet potatoes and garlic and saute until the sweet potatoes are just becoming tender, about 10 minutes.
3. Add the jalapeno, chili powder, cumin, and paprika and cook stirring constantly until the spices are very fragrant.
4. Stir in the tomatoes, beans, and broth and bring to a boil. Decrease the heat to maintain a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender, 30-35 minutes, adding more broth as needed to achieve the desired consistency.
5. Stir in the chocolate last, then season with sea salt to taste. Let the chili sit for a few minutes to let the flavors meld.
6. Serve topped with avocado, parsley, and a pinch of love!