SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE
The perfect thanksgiving recipe to tickle your fancy! It's already sweet enough with out any added sugar and is probably the easiest thanksgiving recipe you will make. Skip the nap afterward because this meal won't slow you down, you will be left with plenty of energy to dominate your family during a game of thanksgiving football!
sweet potato casserole:
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Sea salt/coconut sugar to taste
1. First, preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Boil sweet potatoes until cooked all the way through, about 20-30 minutes.
3. Once cooked, cut into cubes and add to a high speed blender. Add the coconut oil, apple sauce, cinnamon, sea salt, and nutmeg and blend until nice and smooth.
4. Transfer to a pie dish.
5. Combine pecans, sea salt and coconut sugar together in a bowl. Sprinkle on top of the sweet potatoes and bake for 25-30 minutes.