HEAVENLY CHOCOLATE CHip COOKIES
Are you looking for a chocolate chip cookie recipe that will remind you of your childhood? When you would come home from school and the house would smell like your mama's freshly baked cookies (let's face it, nothing can beat your mom's home made cookies, but this recipe comes close) and you just couldn't wait to have one that is still gooey in the inside with a glass of cold milk! Well, switch a few ingredients here and there and you have an all vegan cookie that is just as gooey in the inside, can't stop at one, two or three (maybe even four if your like me), and tastes amazing with a glass of cold nut milk. These babes are delicious both warm and cold, so enjoy them right out of the oven or for breakfast the next day! (yes, I said breakfast...they are full of healthy fats and even protein that will fuel you for the day). Oh and bonus points because you can eat the cookie dough RAW and be totally safe! Not that that stopped anyone.... ;)
Makes 8-10 smaller cookies
1. 1 flax egg (! Tbsp ground flax seed + 3 tbsp water, let sit for 5 min.)
2. 5 dates (soak in hot water & mix into a paste)
3. 1/4 cup unrefined coconut oil
4. 1/3 cup almond butter (or any other kind of nut butter will work)
5. 1 tsp vanilla
6. 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
7. 1 1/2 cups almond flour
8. 1/4 tsp baking soda
9. 1/2 tsp cinnamon
10. Dark chocolate bar (I use eating evolved dark chocolate because they sweeten with coconut sugar)
11. 1/4 tsp. sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Prepare your dates by soaking them in hot water for 5 minutes. Mash into a thick paste (you may need to poor out the water here and there until you get the right consistency)
3. Whisk together the flax egg, date paste, coconut oil, almond butter, vanilla and almond milk in a mixing bowl.
4. Stir in dry ingredients until well combined.
5. Divide on the pan into 8-10 cookies (depending on desired size of the cookies)
6. Break the chocolate bar into chunks, and put on top of the cookies dough.
7. Bake for 12 minutes. Let cool for about 5 minutes.