Chocolate PB & Almond butter bars
I am OBSESSED with these babes! Lately I have been trying to eat less sugar and lower carbs (honestly just an experiment I am trying out to see how I feel) so when I made these I was so stoked on how they turned out! They are already low in sugar but honestly they taste great sugar free…then again I am used to things not being as sweet, so make them to your own liking! They are full of healthy fats which help to curve sugar cravings as well. One fills you up but lets be real, they are so dangerously good you might find yourself reaching for seconds and thirds, shamelessly of course ;)
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup cashews
3 tbsp hemp seeds
1 tbsp pure maple syrup
2 tbsp water
1/4 tsp cinnamon
pinch of sea salt
3/4 cup almond butter
3 tbsp PB fit
1 tbsp coconut flour
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
2 1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup (optional)
1/4 cup water or nut milk
1 dark chocolate bar, melted (I used 100% dark chocolate because of the zero sugar content, but that is extremely dark! If you aren’t used to dark chocolate I would recommend using “eating evolved” chocolate bars, they are sweetened with coconut sugar and you can find them at whole foods!
1 tsp melted coconut oil
Pinch of sea salt
1. Line a 9 inch bread pan with parchment paper, set aside.
2. Pulse all ingredients for the base in a high speed blender until finely broken down. Place in the bottom of the bread pad and smooth out evenly, place in freezer while continuing on.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the filling. It should be a slightly wet/sticky consistency. If it is too dry then add more water or nut milk.
4. Spread the filling over the base evenly and place back into the freezer.
5. Melt your chocolate and coconut oil, add the sea salt and then pour over the filling, evenly. Lastly, sprinkle the top with a little more sea salt. Place in freezer for 1-2 hours or until firm.
6. Cut into bars and enjoy! *best served frozen*