chocolate chunk protein cookie
My all time favorite chocolate chunk cookie! We devoured it in seconds ;) It's packed with protein and fiber because of its secret ingredient...chickpeas! Sounds funky, right? But tastes absolutely amazing. It would be even better with some vegan ice cream on top! The best part is it literally takes about 10-12 minutes to make, easy peasy!
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 4 tbsp oat flour (for GF use gluten free oats- blend it up until it creates a fine flour)
- 5-8 dates (depending on your preferred amount of sweetness)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 cup almond mylk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 70-100% dark chocolate, broken up into smaller chunks. (I use 100% because there is no added sugar and I don't like mine super sweet. Using at least 70% will provide you with those healthy antioxidants!)
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Add all ingredients except for the chocolate chunks to a high speed blender. Blend until smooth.
3. Add the batter to a cast iron skillet and spread it evenly.
4. Add the chocolate chunks! Bake for about 8 minutes and then eat right away. The shorter amount of time you bake it, the more gooey it will be. I like mine gooey in the inside and I just eat it with a spoon right out of the skillet!