chickpea protein pancakes
If you are looking for a protein rich, nutritional breakfast that will fill you up then this recipe is for you! The perfect Sunday morning pancakes if you ask me. Start your day off with these scrumptious pieces of heaven. Even your kids will love em'!
- 2 cups chickpea flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 2 bananas
- 4 tsp. coconut sugar
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
chia berry syrup:
- 1-2 cups Mixed frozen berries
- Juice from half a lemon
- Dash of maple syrup
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Peanut butter
1. Add all dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
2. Blend banana and almond milk together in a blender, then add to the dry ingredients.
3. Mix until the ingredients are fully combined. It should be the consistency of a normal pancake batter, a little on the thicker side.
4. Heat a skillet over medium heat with some coconut oil. Using a 1/4 measuring cup, poor the pancake batter onto the heated skillet. Cover with a lid and let cook for about 2-3 minutes (if they start to fall apart when you try to flip them, give them a little longer to cook). Flip the pancakes over and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
5. For the chia berry syrup: heat the frozen berries in a pot over medium-high heat stirring frequently. Add the lemon and maple syrup. Once the berries are broken down, remove from heat and add in the chia seeds. Let it sit for a few minutes (the chia seeds will help to thicken the syrup).
6. Top your pancakes with peanut butter and slivered almonds and anything else your heart desires! Drizzle the syrup on top and your ready to chow down!