Oatmeal is my ultimate comfort food. I am completely obsessed! This warm bowl of rich chocolate oatmeal will give you all the warm feels! In a hurry? No problemo! It only takes about 5 minutes to make and its super easy to eat on the go. Oatmeal is one of those complex carbohydrates that can fill you up and leave you satisfied for longer. Complex carbs take longer to digest so they keep you full. Oatmeal is also a great source of fiber, protein, antioxidants, and iron. Feel all the benefits and give this a try!
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup water (you can use nut milk for a creamier outcome)
- 1 1/2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp maca powder
- 1 tbsp tahini
- Natural sweetener of choice (totally optional, I really enjoy this with no sweetener at all. I recommend using either dates or coconut sugar if you choose to).
- Frozen mixed berries or fresh berries
- 100% dark chocolate (or at least 70% for a good source of antioxidants)
- Chia seeds
- Hemp seeds
1. Add the water and oats to a pot and cook over medium-high heat. Stir frequently to keep from burning.
2. Add in the cocao powder, maca powder, tahini and sweetener. Stir until the oatmeal is at your desired consistency (I really like my oatmeal on the thicker side with very little liquid, but it is most commonly served on the more watery side). This should only take a few minutes to cook.
3. Transfer to a bowl. Warm up your berries in a microwave or over the stove to melt them down. Add them on top of your oats as well as the remaining finishes! Eat and enjoy.